[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
LaserShowForums.com • View topic - Live setup

Live setup

Discussion about LSX laser show software

Live setup

Postby dzodzo » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:59 pm

Greetings, here i'd like to discuss your typical live setup with LSX. I'm curious what components hardware you use for live control? I don't have any touchscreen or midi keyboard, that means so far i can only control the frames with mouse and keys, however for best results with given options i'd need secondary monitor where i would place the Live Controller window as well as the Preview window. Because if i try to move frames with mouse it won't work over Live Controller window, it's only detecting the motion within timeline workspace. So i'm considering which would be more useful, to get a touchscreen and have it as separate window to control switching of presets or get midi keyboard for the switching and controlling the deformations of frames. Thanks for tips/suggestions.

Admin: please move to proper board if posted in wrong, i was not sure if this is LSX discussion or Help/Howto. Thanks.
dzodzo

Re: Live setup

Postby _LSX_ » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:57 am

Hi, In a recent update I've enabled the ability for you to use the mouse X,Y, and clicks over the live panel by holding the ctrl button, if you want to do that. When you release the ctrl button your position will be locked in as long as your mouse is over the live panel and not the timeline. Other live control options are available such as the nice novation remote zero sl and other MIDI controllers.
Also, you can use your android or iOS phone or pad to control any aspect of your show live using touchOSC (iOS) or Control (Android). There is some platform cross-compatibility with these tools but touchOSC isn't well supported on android yet.
_LSX_

Re: Live setup

Postby dzodzo » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:02 am

dzodzo

Return to LSX Discussion