[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
LaserShowForums.com • View topic - Integration

Integration

Integration

Postby vette496 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:27 pm

Hi I guess you would call me a newbie lol hate the phrase. I have purchased LSX and cant wait to get started with it should be here in a few days. I use another lighting software that is christmas related Light-o-Rama It also works on a time line with music. This software has a dongle to use the USB to trasmit data to the controller useing an cat 6 network cable. It does also have a DMX out option for other types of lighting. My questions are, Can I stream the music from the lighting software into the time line within LSX live to trigger animations and effect? Option 2 maybe use the DMX out from the lighting software to trigger effects as needed for the lightshow? This option I am also unclear how and if I can send the DMX out of the lightshow software and back into a second DMX dongle going back into the LSX software for the output to the laser. Option 3 I could setup another computer and maybe use one machine for each software and trigger animations by DMX on the second machine. I am not sure if these are hard questions or not I just am not sure what is the best way to link the two together. There are many people intrested in a process to connect the two together and still work within the same time line. Thanks for any input you might have and if I do figure this out I will be happy to share what I have learned with you and maybe drive some more sales for your software.
vette496

Re: Integration

Postby _LSX_ » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:42 pm

Hi 'vette,

you can stream the music into LSX for controlling aspects of the show (see the live audio oscilloscope example posted in this forum), but the best method of your options to trigger events would be to use DMX input to LSX from your other software. Pick up an EasyLase device (also RIYA Basic, Pro units will have DMX input soon) and you'll be able to run a DMX line from your Light-o-Rama into LSX for triggering events on the timeline. Also, if your Ligh-o-Rama supports MIDI or OSC control, these would also work with LSX internally in the computer without the need for DMX hardware.

Best regards,
LSX Admin
_LSX_

Re: Integration

Postby LULightTec » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:25 pm

LULightTec

Return to Help/Howto