[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
LaserShowForums.com • View topic - Problem of "lag"

Problem of "lag"

Discussion about LSX laser show software

Problem of "lag"

Postby Tidav » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:48 am

Hi all, i'm a french user of lsx so sorry for my bad english... :/

I've a problem with lsx.
When i run a show with 3 dac's (1 riya basic and 2 riya lite) the show "lag"
But if i run the show with only 2 dac's the show works well ...

If someone wants to help me ... =)

Regards
Tidav

Re: Problem of "lag"

Postby _LSX_ » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:42 pm

Hello, I have done some testing with the RIYA devices and beleive that it is a problem with the manufacturer's RIYA driver .dll When I test multiple mixes of other deivces: Moncha, easylase, OLSD, etc on LSX there is no jerkiness 'jitter' as there is with 3 RIYA devices. I have tested potential workarounds to the issue in the way LSX talks with the RIYA driver but none was perfect. I have uploaded an LSX update with the best solution I found, until the manufacturer is able to update their driver .dll. Thank you for your post.
_LSX_

Postby LULightTec » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:04 pm

actually, I'm having a similar problem, but with only ONE Riya DAC. If I play too many shows in succession, then the program starts to lag. Also, one show I was working on that never used to lag before I tried to play it through a set of galvos has suddenly started to lag horribly. It's very jerky, both in the simulator and on the galvos. The only change I made was when I used the galvos for the first time. I don't get it.
LULightTec

Postby cluebyfour » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:00 am

If you're getting jerkiness with the RIYA in use, but not otherwise, it's possible that there is an issue with your RIYA interface. If you have the RIYA Lite, it may need to have its USB cable replaced. There are reported issues with some older model RIYA Lite units and their USB cable.
cluebyfour
Site Admin

Postby Tidav » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:32 pm

I've two ryia lite and one riya basic. I can change my USB cable ?
I think my first dac is an old version :/
Tidav

Postby _LSX_ » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:17 pm

Yes, find a high quality USB cable,
cut the unused end off,
strip the wires,
open the lite clamshell, note the wire connections,
and de-solder the existing cable,
enlarge the strain relief opening if necessary for your new cable,
and then re-solder the new wire on and close the clamshell.

But if you don't feel comfortable with this, ask a capable friend for a hand.
_LSX_

Postby Tidav » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:10 pm

I changed the USB cable. I solder a shielded cable but I do not see any change. I have a performance this weekend. I'll see what happens.
Tidav

Postby _LSX_ » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:49 am

_LSX_

Postby Tidav » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:43 am

Ok I try it in the day and I tell you if it works
Tidav

Return to LSX Discussion